Giving in perpetuity
IRA Required Minimum Distribution
Impact your Catholic Community & benefit from an IRA required minimum distribution gift
If you are aged 70½ or older, you have the opportunity to save on taxes and make a charitable rollover gift from your IRA. With a direct transfer from your traditional IRA to a qualified charity, you satisfy your minimum required distribution for the year. IRA Charitable Rollover transfers are income tax-free.
IRA Charitable Rollover Fast Facts:
- You must be 70 ½ and older.
- Transfers must be made directly from the IRA to a qualified charity.
- Your taxable income can be reduced by up to $100,000, the maximum allowable.
- Only traditional IRA accounts are eligible. The IRA Charitable Rollover cannot be used with other retirement plans such as a 401(k), 403(b) or a SEP IRA.
- Transfers cannot be made to Donor-Advised Funds, Charitable Gift Annuities, or other life-income arrangements.
Contact your IRA administrator to begin this process. Please provide the following information:
The Catholic Foundation
4333 Pan American Freeway NE, Suite D
Albuquerque, NM 87107
Tax ID# 85-0395583
Contact: Ed Larrañaga, President 505-8872-2901
For gifts designated for the benefit of a specific endowment fund or field of interest please contact The Catholic Foundation.