Giving in perpetuity
Create an Endowment
Benefits of Creating an Endowment
- Avoid capital gains taxes on long-term, highly appreciated assets
- Designate to the charitable organization of your choice,
- or leave your contribution unrestricted to serve the greatest need
- The Foundation manages the fund and distributes income
- Ability to fund at death with an estate gift or designation in a will
- Invested in accordance with the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops guidelines for socially Responsible Investments
Donate to an Existing Endowment
You can browse and filter to select an endowment to support with your donation.
Different Endowment TypesIf you have a special reason or purpose for starting an endowment a fund can be tailored to fit your personal charitable interests. For more information, contact us.
The designated endowments are created by donors wishing to support a particular organization, parish, school or ministry within the Archdiocese of Santa Fe. Income from these funds is paid directly to the institutions named by the donors.
Catholic organizations, schools and parishes establish agency endowments with the Foundation to ensure the continuation and growth of their ministries and programs for future generations. The annual income distribution is paid directly to the donor institutions to be used at their discretion.
This type of endowment allows the donor to direct distributions from the entire fund to the charities of their choice, at anytime. Because there are tax advantages to the donor and the administrative costs are lower, donor advised funds are a sound alternative to establishing a private foundation fund.
Field of Interest Funds
These endowments are established by donors who wish to support the Foundation’s grant program and whose charitable gifts are not restricted to a particular purpose. These funds allow the Foundation optimum flexibility in responding to grant requests, as we strive to meet the critical needs of the Archdiocese.
Ever wondered what special, memorable gift you could give to an important person in your life? A gift to an endowment in the name of a loved one says that together you are giving hope to future generations.