The 2019 Grant Cycle is now closed. Please sign up for our grant announcement emails, so we can keep you posted on updates and other grant news.
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for a grant from The Catholic Foundation:
- The applicant must be tax-exempt under §501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The grant applicant must either be listed in the Official Catholic Directory of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe (“Directory”), or be actively engaged in a collaboration with a Catholic parish, school or organization listed in the Directory. The pastor, principal or executive director of the sponsoring school, parish or organization must endorse the grant proposal of the collaborating organization. A letter of recommendation from the sponsoring organization, stating the nature of the collaboration and the reasons for supporting the proposal, must be included with the proposal.
The Catholic Foundation will not accept proposals for:
- Grants to individuals.
- Programs whose primary purpose is tuition support.
- Capital expenditures consisting of land, buildings or permanent fixtures, for which the total cost significantly exceeds the maximum grant amount.
- General support or operating expenses. Salary expense may be considered, provided it is directly related to the program and does not extend beyond the 12-month grant period.
An eligible organization, school or parish may submit proposals for more than one program a year. There is no limit on the number of consecutive years a program may be funded, but a new proposal must be submitted each year.
Preparing a Grant Proposal
All grant proposals must be typed or computer generated. Applicants should use the grant proposal forms prepared by The Catholic Foundation for the year 2019, available on the website. Note: we will not accept old copies of proposals.
Submitting a Grant Proposal
Please submit your grant proposal form by email to Michele Benavidez at email@example.com. In addition, submit one full original complete copy with any attachments to:
The Catholic Foundation
4333 Pan American Freeway NE, Suite D
Albuquerque, NM 87107
- Large Pre-Grant Proposal Due – Friday, March 15, 2019*
- CCHD Economic Development Matching Small Grant Due – Friday, March 15, 2019
- Large Grant Full Proposal Due – Monday, April 22, 2019**
- Small Grant Proposal Due – Monday, April 22, 2019**
*You will be notified by email no later than Friday, March 29, 2019, if you are selected to proceed with the large grant proposal.
**Both the large full proposal and the small grant proposals must be postmarked for delivery to The Catholic Foundation by midnight on Monday, April 22, 2019, or hand-delivered to The Catholic Foundation office no later than 4:00 p.m. on TBA. Late or incomplete proposals cannot be accepted.
Grant Writing Workshops
Grant writing workshops are offered to anyone who would like to learn the basics of grant writing and how to write an effective proposal for The Catholic Foundation. We strongly encourage first time applicants to sign-up on line. All dates are located on the website. The workshops are free, but registration is required.
2019 Grant Workshop Schedule
The Foundation’s Grant Committee will review and evaluate grant proposals according to established guidelines, and will submit recommendations to the Board of Trustees. All grant applicants will be notified of the decisions of the Board before the end of July. Successful applicants will be required to complete a contractual agreement before funds are disbursed. A formal presentation of grant awards will be made at the Foundation’s annual grant awards luncheon.
All grant recipients must report on the expenditure of grant funds and the outcomes of the funded program. Mid-year and final progress reports are required and the forms will be sent to the grant recipients at the appropriate times. Failure to submit a progress report will disqualify the grant recipient from further funding by The Catholic Foundation. Please be advised that The Catholic Foundation will conduct random pre- and post-site visits during the grant cycle.
For More Information
If you need additional information contact Michele Benavidez at (505) 872-2901, or firstname.lastname@example.org.